Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Geocaching around Legoland & Carlsbad State Beach

Went on a geocaching trip this morning with Jamie today! So bummed Mae didn't get to come with us today :( We went near Legoland then afterwards headed towards Carlsbad State Beach and found a few there before we headed back to San Marcos.

We parked near the Museum of Making Music and started our route from across the street. The first one we attempted to find was a pretty hard one so we decided to skip it and come back for it later after we couldn't find the geocache. We made our way to the next one which I found! I'm known for my rock-flipping so I flipped a rock and found the geocache!

This geocache was tied to the giant rock which is why I couldn't really pull the whole thing out lol.

And behind me is what would have been the Carlsbad flower fields lol. We just saw a bunch of dirt instead haha.

Funny story, we were making our way to the next geocache and we randomly saw our friend Alex who was working nearby! We forgot to take a picture with him and we didn't get a chance to when we made our way back since he was on his break. He sucks though because he thinks geocaching is lame haha. After we talked with Alex for a bit, we made our way towards Cannon Road to get to the Legoland trail. I found the next geocache as well, and again it was where I said it would be...underneath a rock lol.

This one was along the bike path leading to Legoland!

We started heading towards the Legoland entrance where we took pictures with the W for WanderlustWarriors! And also for a picture of the Lego Frodo travel bug we found at Balboa Park a few weeks ago. Jamie had a great idea of giving Frodo a little traveling buddy from the future, R2D2! Jamie used to work at Legoland which is where she got R2D2 last year!


Jamie and I wanted a pic too but Jamie took it when we were laughing lol.

We started making our way to the trail that goes behind Legoland to find the 2 geocaches there. The first one we found was right by the Legoland entrance for the people staying at the resort next door. Luckily we went early in the morning so we wouldn't have to worry about muggles!

The next geocache wasn't too far. And again...I found this one by predicting exactly where it was. And it was there! Unfortunately there's a crack in this container so some of the log sheets were soaked. We decided to leave the Frodo travel bug in here since it's the biggest geocache closest to Legoland.

We started walking back the way we came from and went to the geocaches we skipped along the way. Jamie made her first find of the day and this was the biggest one we found today! There were lots of goodies in this one. I took some foreign coins that were left in there!



We went back to find the very first geocache we skipped which was probably one of the hardest ones we've ever found! This one was a micro and Jamie found it! Look how small it is! This one was tough.

We drove to the beach and found 2 here. The first one was a magnetic one I found!

The next one we found we almost couldn't get out! It was hidden in a pipe and on top of the geocache container was this other metal thing that we couldn't get out because it wasn't put in straight. After several minutes we finally got it out! We found a Viking travel bug in here from Norway so we took that and left the Frankie the Fish travel bug we originally picked up at Torrey Pines.


Later in the afternoon I hung out with my other best friend, Stacy, because she was in the area dropping some paperwork off. We went to Froyo Love for a little froyo mini date and had some nice girl time. We attempted to find the geocache right outside Froyo Love but unfortunately couldn't find it. I tried looking at past logs of geocachers who previously found that geocache and found out another one of my friends started geocaching as well with her boyfriend!

Pigging out on our froyo!
 


Stacy's was healthier than mine. She loaded her froyo with fruits while I loaded mine with mochi and cheesecake bites haha. The spoons were so cool! They turned purple when they touched something cold! I wanted to keep my spoon but we threw our trash away and forgot about the spoons haha.

We went to Walmart to pick up a few things and decided to try and find the geocache in the Walmart parking lot. We failed to find this one as well lol. I think the patrol truck was getting suspicious of us though haha so that's part of why we stopped looking. Oh well, next time! 

Til next time! Jamie and I are going to geocache tomorrow afternoon then Grace and I will be going Friday morning. Yay! I'm trying to go geocaching as much as I can before school starts in 2 weeks. Then once school starts, I'm going to be a busy girl again!

No comments:

Post a Comment